20 March 2010

[I contributed this post to a fabulous music blog called Pop+Nation.]

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not much of an Allison fan while she was on the show. During the LA concert, I wasn't impressed either. But I got to say, she can sing her face off... it's just... she's not my thing.

To be fair, I took a listen to her single. Like my knee-jerk reaction to Kris Allen's first single, I wasn't feeling it very much. I expected a different kind - a darker feel - of rock vibe from Allison; certainly not a run-of-the-mill bubblegum pop rock. (But then again Max Martin is a POP god.) I gave it a few listens hoping it would grow on me. I like the refrain and the chorus... until it got to the part where she sings the title of the song. I found it so cheesy and it doesn't mesh well with the overall lyric of the song. I don't know -- like I said, she's not my thing.

EDIT: The Spanish version of this song,
"El Viernes Te Olvido Yo" -- I LOVED IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment