26 March 2010

MATTE
Function: adjective
Etymology: French mat, from Old French, faded, defeated
Date: circa 1648
:
lacking or deprived of luster or gloss: as a : having a usually smooth even surface free from shine or highlights b : having a rough or granular surface

I like my makeup to have a matte finish. I like my nail polish to have a shiny [frosted] finish. So why am I reviewing a matte top coat? Uhm well, because I spoke too soon and am now eating my words. HAHA.

The first time I have heard of matte nail polish is from Manglaze called Death Tar. Sadly, this was discontinued. They do have replacements for it. Next, came Essie's Matte About You. It sells for about $10 or so. I never liked spending upwards of $5 on nail polish so I wanted to look for a cheaper alternative to try.


If you can remember my first haul post, Kleancolor Madly Matte was one of the products I picked up. And for $1.99, why not? I'd rather buy a $2 matte top coat than individual bottles of special matte nail polish.


I must admit, it's pretty cool. From the photo above, can you tell which ones have the matte finisher? ;) My ring finger has the Sally Hansen Super Shine top coat while the other two have one coat of the Kleancolor Madly Matte Finisher. It dries almost instantly! Although, it has a rather strong smell. But hey, it's nail polish.

I still prefer the shine over the matte but it's an awesome effect. I might apply this to all my nails to salvage this Spring look after all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment